3.03.2005

po-po-pocono

The weather report predicts snow/rain on Saturday. That might not be important to some, but for those planning to bid on heart-shaped tubs at the Mt. Airy honeymoon Lodge close-out auction, it could be a deal breaker. Many hearts have beat faster at the thought of this auction, mine, for one, as well as those of bosom buddies Fluffy O'Hara and La Rubia. Fluffy was contemplating a trip north on Tranny Air just for the occasion and La Rubia was thinking she'd maybe stay up all night so as to leave early Saturday morning, like at about six. Dangerman had offered his conveniently-located country place on the Delaware River as a pied a terre, and I had an eye on a golf cart or paddle boat for my Island bro as well as the tub for myself. I hadn't exactly thought through how this all might fit in the back of the pickup, but it does have a trailer hitch (for those of you who know how well I operate the truck in reverse, just try to imagine me with a trailer). All these plans and now this.
But then I read an article about the sale (see link below) and was reinvigorated. What if the weather cooperates and I can go up later on Saturday and be there for Sunday? Me and Englebert Humperdink are gonna stay flexible.
hearts and showers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rain, eww, ick. I can just hear your valley girl self thinking that. TENEMOS que ir! What's a little rain? We can pitch the tub outside Dangerman's place and test it for a leak. Maybe we should surprise Dangerman and buy him one. A hostess gift as it were.

By the by, we better enlist some burly boys to help load the truck. My back is still broke.

Anonymous said...

hey babe, Maybe we should score one of those heart shaped beds for you know who or should we send her in for rehab, like the rest of us. johnny b in-law