3.11.2019

time change

No, I'm not going to go into the arguments for and agin daylight saving. My body seems to anticipate the changes a week or so in advance. The clock time is an artificial construct. Spring, however, is not. You can feel the equinox approaching. The birds feel it. They're twittering all over the place, even in the big city.
    Perhaps they are feeling amorous. According to Wikipedia:"Spring fever is any of a number of mood, physical, or behavioral changes, which may be experienced coinciding with the arrival of spring, particularly restlessness, laziness, and even amorousness."
    When the morning sun comes through the window, I start thinking about hitting the road, heading south or somewhere warmer. Heading north to Block Island. Getting out of town, into the countryside, into the spring. At the same time I feel really lazy. Sleeping lots. Yawning. Saving up my energy for the big push. As for amorousness—not sharing!

1 comment:

CBA said...

Which reminds me.. I have yet to start reading your autobiography. Lust and longing on the High Peaks, and pee on the bridges and tunnels of New Amsterdam.