9.22.2005

the haircut


My home is my own again—plus or minus a few family members. Real Estate Lady told me that the Bad Tenants had run into a situation at their previous situation as well, and that she has now told them she will no longer rent them any of her houses.
So there.
The house looked great when I got here, since Jose had done his thing splendidly. Except for that damn French door, which has Yet Another busted doorknob thing. Now I can't open it at all to open the storm doors. But hey, there's always another storm.
Maybe what I need is a carpenter who knows about French doors. Who should I call?

7 comments:

Claudia said...

The after picture requested, above.

Anonymous said...

Duh. Call (401)466-5016. And if you don't, maybe I will:
"Hi! I'm, like, a friend of Claudia's. You don't know me, but I'm sure you know her. She's John Gasner's ex sister-in-law. Uh huh. Yes...you did meet her last June. Blonde. Exactly. At the dump. Over a door. "
So then the pregnant pause. "Well, she is like, SO reconsidering fiberglass. Uh huh."

Claudia said...

aj, if you keep it up, naming names, i am so going to have to move off the island. already the girl at the dump talks about "your boyfriend". Thanks to you. A person I wouldn't recognize again if i ran across him in the klondike bar section of the BIG. I had hoped that the several months interim would have put paid to this whole thing. BUT NO. you have to keep going on and on about it until I could just totally scream! i am going to have to tell brad to hush you up.

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you do protest too much. Besides, darlin', you keep bringing up them doors. Why not just resign yourself to your fate?
Tommorrow I'll call him up. Get the ball rolling, so to "see".

Anonymous said...

I am tempted to play devils advocate here but my last try between you two over rentals just taught me to stay out of your catfights.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should call Dennis, Shiela.
As The Boss says: "Can't start a fire without a spark." Do you think he could change the line "This gun's for hire " to "This nailgun's for hire"?

Anonymous said...

I have no change for the buck you are trying to pass.