9.27.2005

in the zone

The attorney showed up. Last night he filed an application for variance or special use permit with the zoning board. The issues are that it is a mixed use lot (rather than strictly residential) and that it is in a flood control area. The Lawyer was repping several other clients at the meeting, many of whom have much bigger fish to fry than I.
Next step appears to be the planning board in a couple of weeks then the zoning hearing. November 28. That means I have definitively missed this fall's building season, as it will take Coastal Resources Management Council a couple weeks to act, at the very least. Then there's Historic District, building permits and etc.
Please, permit me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, there are alternatives to all this. The trailer in Missouri, for one. All you need to drag it into place is a truck, which you already have, and a six pack.
Plus I bet the local fathers would let you build this fine edifice down there in two shakes of a corn husk.
Except Dan and Rex would not want a part of it.

Claudia said...

PS Why is it that the google ad program knows that i have moldings on the mind even before I have mentioned it?

Anonymous said...

Yes. We are all one, in an Ultimate Reality. You, me, the moulding, the google-ad guys. As the Boss says:
"We're all riders on this train". By the way... I bought an Essential Bruce CD for my 12 hour drive through scenic New England. I'm, like.."What scenery?" None But the Brave came through.