9.30.2005

a hive of activity


"It makes me break out in hives." The last time I had hives, I was working on an allergy story. (Hmm. The mind is a powerful thing.) I learned that hives can be caused by something you ingested (nope), the onset of a virus (hope not), reaction to an insect bite (I don't think so), stress (not), medications (don't take any) or something you come into contact with. (I have long ascribed mine to contact with laundry detergent or Dick Cheney.)
However, in the case of the outbreak at three o' clock in the morning, I'm tempted to diagnose the insulaton I was bathing in all day yesterday. When I woke up attempting to scratch the palms of my hands off, I popped an antihistimine. When I felt my tongue swell, I put the epi-pen next to the bed. But within an hour they were receding.
Dear Readers, what makes you break out in hives?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EWW!
What makes ME break out in hives? E mails from those saucy drunks I'm so jealous of.

Claudia said...

What saucy drunks? The sister sister halloween-christmas one?
Speaking of which, holidays make me brek out in hives, too.

Anonymous said...

Home Depot

Anonymous said...

That was me

Anonymous said...

Well Claudia, quality blogging comes from people who put the energy into their blog like you have. It was a nice change to land on your blog, lots of others are junked up with useless comments and information. I put a lot of energy into my used surfboard site, so it does pretty well with used surfboard stuff. I think I'll re-create my blog because I like what you've done here and want mine to be more like yours. Thanks for the lesson in good bloggin. You get a special bookmark :)

have a fantastic day..