1.10.2019

baby, it's—ahem

Home surroundings
Does it look cold? It isn't that cold, except for the 40 mph wind. Then it's weeping cold. And we're not even talking the polar vortex yet. I'm so out of here.
  But my sister wasn't going to Mexico. And my friend in Hawaii (86) isn't getting any younger, so I thought maybe Kauai. And since I'm dreading the 14 or so hour flight,  I thought I'd better stay awhile. Say, like, a month. But what would I do all that time? Ah, I know! People have been urging me to write a book! (They must not have read the recent article talking about how you can't earn anything doing that. And PS, who reads any more?)
   So I rented me a part of a dome walking distance from my friends' house. It's in Smoky Valley, Kauai, one of my favorite places in the world. And, since I'm writing my memoirs, not incidentally, it is a place I spent a formative year as a hippie before I fell into a career in journalism. You could almost call Kauai the reason I moved to New York City. I was looking for its opposite. I found it. But I'm still boinging between the two.
Dome surroundings

1 comment:

CBA said...

Some people.... !!! What a life. I'm as green as the vegetation. When do you leave? xx B