1.01.2019

happy boo day

 Thirty-seven years ago, in Chicago, Illinois, I gave birth to a beautiful Buddha Baby, aka Boo. I wanted to name her Albertine (I was in my Proust phase then),  but knew that was crazy. Douglas and I were waffling between Emily and Hannah. There was another Emily in the newborn nursery, so Hannah it was. And is. Born with remarkable intelligence, creativity, kindness, charm and health, version 37.0 is more fab than ever.
She'll have to take a newer selfie that includes the nose ring and tattoo.

1 comment:

CBA said...

I remember the first time I saw her... John and I drove to Chicago and Hannah would have been about what.. four months old? You had just started doing a little writing from home.. your loft.. I can see you sitting at the kitchen table.

Hannah had a Very Fancy Crib and she refused to have anything to do with it. She was crawling and made sure we never went to the bathroom alone.

She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.. and even at that age, one of the most charming human beings ever born.

Endlessly fascinating. Just as she is today.