12.31.2012

the more things don't change


 Six years ago,  Hannah and Chris had just gotten married and were living in my apt, signing a lease for a loft. Now they own a building, a piece of land, a cat, two dogs and a kid.
    It's amazing how little has changed with me. If you check out  the blog for December 2006, you will note that I'm still with the Esposito's ham, the 12 days of Christmas rewrites, the drinking too much beer, the pleas for more comments and all the rest. There is, however, a noticeable difference in the energy of the writing (to this December's detriment). I think that may have to do with Facebook and lack of feedback. So here's my annual plea (cheaper than NPR): More Comments!

6 comments:

Ivy said...

Nice picture!

My baby flew the coop last week. One more to go.

Opening Up 2013 said...

I am The Man in Black
One with the shadow.
To comment, I’ve bin asked.
Yet my voice lay fallow
The wind is my whistle
Hear the rustle I make
My tongue, once sharp
And twice my mistake
I live and I doubt
Sign with grimace and wink
But yea, the year’s almost out
Did I hear mention of drink?
Come now, share my channel
Speak of this ‘n that(s)
We can make it thru the annals
But first, open the Blatz

D.R. said...

Commenting more often on your blog is in fact one of my new year's resolutions!

Happy new year and happy birthday, Hannah. Sorry I missed the partay!

xo

Claudia said...

Now Doro's is a resolution I can endorse! And I can see that Bo is already following through.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

believe me I know how you feel...I paint,I write, I blog and I accept that it all goes out into the world to who knows where? and I hear that someone visited but no comment did they leave...it is better to be visited with no comment than to not be visited at all??? I LOVE your blog...thank you for another great year!!!!

Claudia said...

And thank YOU! Will I see you tomorrow?