10.28.2011

day sail

Thursday is shopping day on Block Island. Or rather, off Block Island. Everybody piles on the 8:15 boat, gets into their cars on the other side, and takes off for doctors' appointments and supplies. We went to the car repair garage, Staples, a window factory, two pet stores, Trader Joe's,  Home Depot, Wal Mart, Belmont gourmet market, Stop 'n' Shop, the Dollar store, the farm stand and the Bluebird Cafe. We took the 5:00 boat home, tossing in strong winds and rain.
   It was 39 degrees, indoors and out last night. And, failing a warming pan, I put the laptop under the covers last night to heat up the bed. I am writing from bed now.  Thank goodness I bought those socks.

3 comments:

otra rubia said...

Why Thursday as opposed to any other weekday?
And great idea to put the laptop under the covers. I remember reading in Little House on the Prairie that they used hot potatoes to warm the bed.

Claudia said...

Monday and Thursday are the only days you can get a boat off and have time enough to do anything before getting a boat back. Like Wednesday you can take a 12:30 off, it gets in at 1:30, and you have to be back on the boat at 2:30.

Doro said...

I'm just not as modern as you Block Islanders as I still use a hot water bottle to warm my bed. Anyway, kinda sounds like a fun day.