3.05.2010

march on


I guess there's a reason I feel antsy in March. Almost always, at the end of the month, I hit the road. And four years ago at about this time, I popped invites in the mail for Hannah and Chris's wedding and broke ground on Hannah's Beach House (now in its third rental season, see finished house in slide show at right). A year ago this week, Hannah and Chris bought their own building, and I bought the Goose.
The current plan is to go to Rhode Island to help turn over H & C's rental loft, head to Block Island to open up for a charity week and do some yard work, then see if I can squeeze in a couple weeks to open up the Goose in Missouri before going back to BI. It's morel season in the Ozarks.

5 comments:

Wolfen said...

Let's take the Rav4 on a ROAD TRIP!!!

The Biologist said...

Morels! Yum.

Do they taste better than supermarket mushrooms?

And if your road brings you down this way, your rooms are ready to receive and everyone will be happy to see you.

Claudia said...

There must be morels in your woods, too. They like oak and pine woods. I saw some in the grocery store yesterday. . .

Claudia said...

PS here is a picture of one I found by the outdoor spigot at the Goose last year.
http://claudiassurfcity.blogspot.com/2009/04/morels.html

Dianne said...

Bet the new property in Kosh has lots of morels because it has quite a bit of woods. Happy Hunting!