11.05.2009

three down


I shut down the Goose yesterday.
Dale came out to drain the pipes. Hopefully Bear has shut down the squirrels' quarters in the roof, too. He did not want to, but he did climb up and stuff steel wool in the nest hole. I shut down Claudia's before California, and Hannah and Chris shut down Hannah's after Halloween. So the real estate empire has been winterized, and a New York rent stabilized apartment is it now. Spotless, thanks to Kathleen, who also laid in my favorite food and drink.
And by the way, I left the Goose at 8:30 ayem and got home, via planes from St. Louis and Chicago, at midnight or so, about the time the Yankees won the World Series. Hell, I coulda practically driven home in that time.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Glad you made it safely home & are now ensconced in your Manhatten rent controlled apt. Lucky YOU!!! We'll see you next Spring!

Claudia said...

You should come here for a change!

cba said...

I vote for this. How about for Hannah's birthday?

Cate and I should be there then.