11.13.2009

name that pet


Big excitement at the Dowling International, a.k.a. Claudia's Crashpad, and no I am not talking about Aymar!
I was just finishing off some watercress yesterday when I ran across a foreign object. Well, he/she (slugs are hermaphrodites) was actually probably native to the watercress, so you could look at it that he/she ran across a foreign object in his/her watercress, to wit: my finger.
Anyhow, he/she was too small (see fingertip) and cute to execute, so now he/she lives in a walnut meat container with the rest of the watercress. I'm not much on pets, as those of you who want me to buy a chihuahua may know. Any idea how long slugs live?
And please suggest a name.

9 comments:

cba said...

How about "She's Losing Her Mind"?

I am definitely getting you a dog.

A slug for a pet?

Well, actually, I hate to admit it, but when I was about 10, I had a terrarium full of them. But I was TEN. Not...

And I didn't know they were considered pests.

c "swami nami" ba said...

All life is sacred.

You rock.

cba said...

4 years, according to some sites.

6-12 months, according to others.

Terrariums are on sale at Petsmart this month.

Kathleen said...

It is so cute and Claudia seems to have gotten attached to him or her. Claudia has had it by her side all day and she really gets excited when it moves and especially when he or she's tentacles or eyes come out. Slug love.

Wolfen said...

Just remind C not to share her beer with it.

Dianne said...

Awwww, er Ewwwwwww!

Kathleen said...

Squiggle Glenn Dowling.

neruda said...

how was the watercress? we picked some real good stuff on the island ...very spicy....glad I didn't bite into one of these....pets

otra "I think I'm a member of the third sex" rubia said...

An intersexed pet. Why am I not surprised?