11.17.2009

more about animals


Some people still have pets. Some people have kitties which they keep by their fireplaces in Brooklyn while eating Italian pastries all day long and not having to go to work.
Some people used to have pets and now only have dreams about animals (or eat them). One of those people dreamt the other night that she was working on a story called "The Hunters of Green Comfort," about a new symbiotic relationship that had developed throughout the world between cows and monkeys. It was a pretty weird dream, especially because the cows (!) were The Hunters.
Cows? I could believe maybe pigs. Did you see the NYT article about pigs the other day? Stop me if I've told you the story of my pet pig. . .

5 comments:

cba said...

Let's face it. Pets sell.

A lady I know who owns a pet store in fashionable Ridgefield, Ct., reports the store is prospering in the current recession. Her theory: people are travelling less, staying home more, and finding less expensive sources of happiness.

Hamsters 10, St. Moritz, 0.

Proof in the pudding: Your pet slug post got more hits than any other post in recent memory.

Dianne said...

What a homey, cozy picture!

It's long been held that pets increase the human lifespan...lower blood pressure...all kinds of benefits.

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with pastries?

Erin said...

My sympathies on the passing of Mr. Squiqqles. It seems his life, and passing, oozed past me in a line of slime. So sorry.

Dianne said...

P.S. I want to hear your pet pig story!!!