11.16.2009

alas

It is my sad duty to inform you that Mr. Squiggles has passed away. He was becoming increasingly, er, sluggish. And as far as slugs go, it's kind of hard to tell which end is which unless they put their eyestalks out. I did some research to find out what he needed in the way of food or environment and found this great pet slug site and moved Mr. Sqiggles to a new container with some fresh romaine, using spring water rather than NY Tap. Alas, the move seemed to do him (or her) more harm than good and that was kind of that. I laid his body to rest in the sweet potato vine pot in case he came back to life, but I don't think he (she) is going to.

10 comments:

Phill said...

...increasingly sluggish... I love it!

Do you think you were putting to much salt in his diet?

Dianne said...

Do you need a replacement?

cba said...

Should we send watercress, or a donation to a specific charity?

Wolfen said...

Oh No! Now we'll have to get you a little puppy dup.

cba said...

I don't know, Wolfen. Her recent track record with pets is pretty poor.

Two day survival rate?

Wolfen said...

It is because she didn't give the poor slug enough attention. The dog will demand it!!!

cba said...

O.K. I'm in.

Let's give her a puppy for her 60th birthday. But let's keep it a secret.

D.R. said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

otra rubia said...

Poor Squiggles, I hardly knew ye. Actually, I knew ye not at all.

otra rubia said...

But a warmer, more inclusive home you could not have found.

Rest in peace, Mr. Squiggles, but don't be surprised if you come back. Because if anyone were to have* an invertebrate-intersexed-reincarnated pet, it would be* Claudia.


*Is there a grammarian in the house?