2.11.2009

the only redneck in new york


While most people are counting sheep, I am thinking about septic tanks. More specifically, the nonfunctional one at the Goose, which I am scheduled to take ownership of on March 13. At 11:00 ayem. So I called the guy who used to own the Goose who thinks maybe there are a couple septic tanks on the property, though he doesn't really know where they are.
"Anyway, there's a guy who put mine in for me for about a thousand dollars," he said.
"How long did it take you to get the permits?" I asked.
"Permits?" he asked incredulously. "You really don't understand us hillbillies, do you?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I think you just got your Free Pass to Heaven.

Well, maybe not totally free.

I'm psyched. We can resurrect B & C Junk City, and no one will object.

And maybe, instead of a doublewide, I can build nice little log cabin on the back two acres.

Claudia, Take the Reel.

Anonymous said...

Is the Goose cooked?

Claudia said...

Goose might be cooked. Now they're saying a permitted system might be upwards of $5000.

Claudia said...

PS Another friend says they're not hillbillies, but "Ozark-Americans."

Anonymous said...

I have just one word for you.

Incinolet.

Claudia said...

Thanks to CBA, I have realized that I can limp along without a new septic system. Plus, one of the septic people I talked to said it ma be a matter or a stack or snaking out a line. I think I will try these first. Just remember not to flush.