2.12.2009

gaydharma


There hasn't been enough sex in this blog lately. Of any kind—and lord knows I'm broad minded.
So Kathleen and I were sitting around the other day (was it before or after trying to watch The L Word at Donna's?) beginning a list of qualities for How to Recognize a Dyke. We didn't get very far.
Wallet in back pocket
Favorite retail establishment is Home Depot
Tosses peanuts into mouth
A steady, clear-eyed, almost naive, gaze
And then we had to quit, because the era of Birkenstocks is really way over, and your lesbians could be just about anybody with enough X chromosomes (see L Word). What do you see?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home Depot? That isn't the lumber store of preference because they don't give away hats for those who know.

Anonymous said...

True, you never can tell. I know a man -- let's call him ANONYMOUS -- who says he's a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Anonymous said...

Here's some romance, just in time for Valentine's Day: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4845498a4560.html

Anonymous said...

Don't forget -- women who only wear comfortable shoes -- unless of course they are lipstick lesbians.

Wolfen said...

What about crocs?

Claudia said...

Um, maybe not the pink ones?

Anonymous said...

O.K., O.K., I know I said I wasn't going to comment on this posting.

But last night you DID make the comment, when I was lamenting that my ex said "he only had enough money to feed our daughter pancakes", that I should have married YOU when I had the chance.

Like, when was that?

And I thought that one was my brilliant idea, anyway.

This morning I realized yesterday was Mr. Pancake's birthday. And I like, so didn't remember or say boo.

I should have offered to send him and Cate to Waffle House. For a nice pancake supper. Candles included.

Anonymous said...

For the record, there still is no sex in this blog. Get with it.

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous: What about Sam and Bob? Did nobody go to the link?

@CBA If you married Claudia, you'd have great health insurance. Time Inc recognizes gay domestic partnerships.