2.03.2009

found in translation

A friend (whose voice on this blog is almost as pervasive and much more amusing than my own) sent me a translation program that is meant to help those im-ing in foreign languages (a nice wife from abroad maybe? a green-card husband?). It has an amusing feature wherein an annoyingly stereotyped avatar will actually say the phrase. It takes a while to load, but you can demo my phrase in French, Chinese and English. I don't know how good the translations are, but it's fun.
And while we're on the links, The Artist Known As Chang, has a brilliant story in National Geographic this month about North Korean escapees. I would post a photograph, but TAKAC is in a country that cannot be named at the moment. Check out the slide show on the site. Those of you in my intimate circle will also recognize the name of the photographer who shot the cover story about evolution. Actually, I have met all of the photographers featured in the issue. O lucky me!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh goodie! I actually get Natl. Geographic! Kids are good for some things.