12.03.2008

how retirees spend their time

Aarp "Road 'N Tow" Motoring Plan
Claims Department
Dear Sir or Madam,
On November 23, 2008, I got my pickup stuck in an icy driveway in Pennsylvania. It was Sunday and dusk, and there was no cellphone reception. I borrowed a neighbor’s phone and called my Road 'N' Tow service. They were unable to find anyone in my area to help me. I thought the whole point of a towing service was to find someone to help you in an emergency. After a great deal of difficulty, I was able to find someone to help me. It was quite costly, though, and the driver would only accept cash.
I am enclosing the receipt from the towing service for $250. Please remit.
This happened more than a week ago, and I am still mad. This is not the first time I have been unhappy with the coverage of your service. Please send me my $250 and cancel my AARP Motoring Plan membership as of January 1, 2009. That will give me enough time to sign up for AAA.
Sincerely,
Claudia

Parking Violations Hearing By Mail
Dear Sir or Madam,
I was cited on December 1 for not displaying a muni meter receipt.
I did have a muni meter receipt. The receipt says "Display on Driver's Side of Dashboard." As you can see from the photo below, I did that. Unfortunately I displayed it upside down.
I had, however, paid the parking fee. My citation was issued at 09:21 am and my receipt was good until 10:12 am (see photo). I don't think I should have to pay this fine, since I did pay the parking fee.
Thank you.
Claudia

I hope that about wraps it up for the year.

6 comments:

Wolfen said...

You should have signed them "Happy Holidays to Me"

Anonymous said...

Yes, well you should have heard my conversation with AT &T today. I don't have the energy to go into the whole thing at the moment, as this whole day has been like getting stuck in an icy driveway in Pennsylvania with a Serial Killer, and why didn't you have AAA to begin with?

Everyone has AAA. Like, duh.

Anyway, I told them if they didn't restore service on my buisness line immediately, without charging me any kind of re-connect fee,I was going to rip the phone lines from the wall, and never pay them another cent.

It's a long story. I'm switching carriers. I've HAD IT with AT &T.

And, I'll bet you $50 AARP doesn't bone up.

Anonymous said...

I also told them (after the first person in Collections told me to stop yelling) that I have had to spend an average of two hours on the phone with them every month since I put the damn line in a year ago, trying to straighten out the bill, and they were going to give me a heart attack.

Maybe thet know I'm almost the big 6-0. So this could like, so happen!

I am so damn mad, still, at 11 p.m. at night, I could spit.

Anonymous said...

The question is, why did you put your muny meter receipt upside down? Is that what happens to retirees?

Claudia said...

I know, I know. Or drive down that hill in the first place. Just shoot me—r buy me a tiny dog.

Claudette said...

You are in no shape to be accountable for a tiny dog. Check your bloood pressure before you are reduced to eating out of a blender. Concerning those other things--the driveway incident and the parking ticket--I recommend going on a bona fide rampage, kiddo. Sure, you'll go to jail but you will feel avenged and isn't that what you want?