12.19.2008

as the snow really fell


This photo is not in black and white. Left the truck in Erin's driveway, went to Providence with Wolfen, heard from Johnny that he could not drive me, got on the train this morning and caught glimpses of the parking lot that was I-95.
One fellow traveler tried to get off the train after her plane flight to Cleveland had been cancelled (failed and got out at the next stop to reverse direction), another got word that her parents had just been in a 12-car pileup and wouldn't be able to pick her up (they were ok except that when she got out of the smashed car the mother slipped on the ice and hurt her back), and a child traveling alone from school in Boston had to meet her mother in New York rather than her father in Stamford. I would like to know how those stories turned out. But all I can tell you is that a passerby, a cute personal trainer, lugged my overheavy bag through the slush from the subway for me and at last I was home, where I will hunker down and stay—at least for the moment. Yelapa in January is looking good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is yelapa? and glad you are home safe and sound without drama of your own...

Anonymous said...

It was 70 degrees here today, in America's #1 small town.

God, I envy you.

I better get to a meeting.

Claudia said...

Yelapa is a town on the western coast of Mexico where the subway singer's friend has a rustic palace. They want me to go there with them. Soon.

Anonymous said...

You can't go away again. You've had enough fun.

And you just got back from China.

Honestly! Can't you just lead a life of drudgery for a change?

Besides, we're going to work. Together. Maybe for Carly Simon, remember?

Claudia said...

Does Carly have a place in Yelapa?

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "very lucky you" let me know if it is worth a visit...of course we just got off the slopes for the third day of great skiing here in the Shire(as in Berkshire)It's begining to look ALOT like Christmas