1.12.2021

shopping fail

 

I need more ear candles. You know, those woo-woo things that are dangerous and don't work? Except that I am convinced that they do. I think they really help your ears and help you to hear better, though the boxes make no such claims for fear of  lawsuits. But being deaf in one ear, I am sensitive to hearing, pressure, tinnitus and other ear problems. I confessed my use of ear candles to my new otolaryngologist and she said that I had the cleanest mastoid cavity (a hole from surgery) she had ever seen. She suggested I come before and after candling so that she could take a look. Have not done that. Pandemic.

Anyway, I ran out after a candling session with Donna. I went to Amazon to buy some more and searched ear candles. I came up with a screen full of what I assumed were ear candles. I looked through, found a box that looked like the ones I had before that claimed to be beeswax, and pushed go. 

The next time Donna came over I got out the box. They were solid beeswax tapers. NOT ear candles. Donna said she had bought the exact same thing by accident a couple days before. "They tricked us!" She suggested we try searching ear cones, so we did. 

"Look! These are much cheaper and come many to a box," she said. "Organic. Plus they are made by Raw, the rolling paper company."

Cut to the chase. They were rolling papers shaped in cones. Fail 2. Duh. At least I can burn the tapers, whereas I have no use for the papers. But Donna found some real ear candles yesterday at a Woodstock health food store. So we're good.


No comments: