1.29.2021

in the garden

 

I have long wanted one of Kate Knapp's garden pix (you can see her blog here). So finally I made up my mind I had to have one.  I decided on the one above, which is really beautiful. 

The next problem was where to put it. Wall space is at a premium everywhere. But I really needed the lift in New York. In the winter. In my garden room (such as it is). Here is my garden room today.


But where to put? I had thought of overlaying it on Hannah's wood blocks, but Katie's painting is too big. It is 30 x 30 and would cover much of the other picture. She suggested I consider moving Hannah's wood blocks out to the side. But they are glue-gunned to the wall, and would rip the wall down to move. Katie suggested I look at some smaller 24 x 24 paintings. So  I did.

This one is awesome and would look great with Hannah's installation, I think. But am I buying decor or art? I love the next one, of wildflowers maybe even the best. 

Help me! I could prop one on the table, covering the unsightly plugs and not much of Hannah's thing. Or maybe I could hang something nearby in the same room? What'll I do.

You guys gotta weigh in.





4 comments:

Claudia said...

So Hannah likes the first one. She says take down her picture (and the wall along with it). Carly thinks I should get the other two and put them up along side. Bill thinks I should take down the clock and the lizards and put the first one up there. So here we are. Stuck.

D.R. said...

I love all of these garden paintings, but the last one is my fave!

I will add to your stuckness by saying to leave woodblock wall as-is, and hang garden painting elsewhere!

I have the same problem with lack of wall space so I rotate art a lot. I also like when I see arrangements of several painting that people have done but I've never attempted it myself.

How is the horse painting doing btw?
Can you rotate him for a bit?

-Doro

Claudia said...

The horse painting is still awesome. But it's in the hall and I just never see it. Nor does anyone else. I am thinking of rotating the Lichtenstein out of the hall where I stare at it from my kitchen perch and maybe putting the big one there for a while. And in the end, I decided on two: The big one I originally wanted and the wildflowers. Just couldn't choose.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

Whatever wall they go on the room will be filled with more light , color and love, my humble opinion!