8.08.2019

hummingbird tv

I'm not sure why they call it a "charm" of hummingbirds. "Harm" would be more accurate. They are like little harrier jets, attacking each other (and you, if you don't feed them properly!) and driving one another away from the feeders. I put out new food, and the whole harm went nutz. You can only see one feeder in this video, but they were doing figure eights and attacks between them as well. If I had a cat, the thing would be crazed.
Lynn investigates the neighborhood after a rain.
My sister in law Lynn left yesterday after a bit of excitement. She left to drive to Santa Fe at about 7:30. At about 7:40 I found her phone. Oh shit. Driving alone for two days without communication. Not good. Couldn't call her to say she'd forgot phone! I scrambled into my clothes and drove at 80 mph to Lucky's, the gas station where I had told her to get ice. It's about a half hour away, and I didn't know if I would catch her, pass her coming back for her phone or get caught for speeding by the cops. But there really are no cops here, and I made it as she was arranging the ice in her cooler. Phew!

No comments: