8.12.2019

entertainments with fish

The new deck through David's eyes.

The new deck. Trim too virulent for me. Will add more blue.

The oyster and Champagne course done, now with the Otoriko tomatoes.
It always strikes me as amusing that David buys fish, at great expense, from Citarella's, a store just blocks from me in New York, and has it flown out. But I can't deny that eating something other than catfish and trout out here is a treat. And boy did David treat me this weekend!
   It began at the Goose. He arrived with wines, oyster plates, oysters he had opened at home, lemon, pompano, chopped garlic, etc—everything, in short, to provide a sit-down multicourse fish feast.
  And then he did it again the next day at his house, with oysters two ways, gazpacho, halibut cheeks with some kind of heavenly sauce, etc. So you are welcome to fly me in an ocean any time, David! Compliments to the chef!

Not only does he have the oyster plates, he has an oyster-roasting pan. I never met a cooked oyster I liked. Until now. Prepared with butter, garlic, parsley, and a bit of parmesan. Compliments to the chef!
e
Not the yellow table. A rather better presentation. First, the raw oysters.

2 comments:

DaDa said...

I am not completely over getting jealous.

Claudia said...

But, you have more fish there!