6.12.2019

ozark entertainments

 I am in arrears, blogwise. I don't know how far back to start, so I'll just do the most recent entertainments. The possum I considered breaking news.
 The first day I was here, I was hosted by the Art Crowd, printmaker/painter/sculptor Bill Dugan and his inamorata, whose name really is Carla Sparks. The next day, it was the Literary Crowd in the persons of Frank and Dianne Martin, novelist Katie Estill and our notable local country noir Dan (Winter's Bone) Woodrell. Plus the Art Crowd. Yes, we mix here. Our hosts, Judge emeritus David Dunlap and his inamorata, activist Alison Ball (her real name) provided a gourmet spread, as always paired with superb wines.
 The next day I repaid Alison and David's hospitality with a picnic at the slab: olive loaf sandwiches on Wonder bread and potato chips. I think it was the first time I've eaten Wonder bread in about 50 years, but it just seemed right. I believe it was likely the first time it was paired with the whatever it was wine they were drinking, but I'm damn sure it was the first time a wine glass made an appearance at the slab.

No comments: