7.08.2009

dear tenants

"In efforts to service you in the most efficient way possible. . .

I don't like notes from my building management that begin this way.
I don't want to be "serviced" by them but am always afraid I might be if by serviced you mean what a stallion does to a mare.
And indeed it looks like I am about to be serviced over a little matter of privacy.
The new building management is sure that I will be delighted by a new computerized form of entry to my own apartment that provides a "real time inventory of who exactly has used your key and when and detailed records of all key usage." They insist this will provide me with "security and a peace of mind [sic]."
This in a building that has never had a robbery since I moved in more than 30 years ago.
I'd like to give them a peace of my mind: Property Manager, service you!

3 comments:

caseplace said...

You probably get the opportunity to fund the new service also!!

otra rubia said...

Huh? I don't get it. Does that mean all your friends will have to memorize the code? Do other buildings have coded doors instead of keys? Why switch? It's so odd. I don't like it. I know where your extra key is. So do a million other people. We like it that way. Stupid building management.

Neruda said...

It seems to me that maybe "they" would like to know who is using your key and coming and going? N'est pas?