5.23.2009

block island rental




Excursions and Alarums.
Twas the hour before the guests were to arrive. The new couch had its label removed (yes, WD-40 works to destick), the lawn was newly mown (thanks, Dada), and the canvas once again stapled around the outdoor shower (time no. 3). All was quiet around the house. No mice this year.
Here the people are.
Oops. Forgot to fill the ice trays. Sorry. Sure you can have some ice.
Oops. The smoke alarm is going off in the bedroom? Sorry about that. John, do you have my eight-foot ladder? Thanks, Noah. Quick, let's head to the store for another $7 battery to install. Thanks, Kathleen.
Seems to be quiet again on my watch as seventeen sloops, spinnakers billowing, slip past the shore at six of the morning.
Block Island is now open for business.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm just now recognizing the birds you imitate and I must leave on the 11:00 boat. Whoa! NYC here I come. Thanks Claudia!!!

Anonymous said...

I know the song for this situation: "Must be the Season of the Hitch."

Dianne said...

You are a most excellent "fluff & puff-er"!

Ruby Montanas Coral Sands Inn said...

Claude...Hannahs' Hideaway looks Beautiful!

I've lost 24 lbs since March.
Look out!
My energy level is at a 10!
xoRuby

Claudia said...

Yay, Rube! How'd you do it?

Claudia said...

For rental availability, check the Offshore Property Limited link to the right.