5.05.2008

what's in the truck II


And the clear winner is:
Dada, with a combination of inspired guessing and years of observation. His only error was in thinking that I was making a trip straight up from NYC, which would have resulted in a more significant Zabar's run. The winning entry, annotated, is as follows.

5lbs. Zabar's coffee beans, dark roast (check, 25 points. also 1 pound decaf expresso). Three rye breads, seeded (15 points, I actually brought 4). One pound western nova (no. refrigeration issues). Two containers pickeled herring (no). One bag pistachio nuts, Zenobia white, salted 5 points). One flat, pansies (no). Six avocados (no). Half dozen ruby red grapefruit (no). Pound and a half cream cheese with chives (no). Two whitefish chubs (no). A bit of belly lox for Alan No). No nuts for Roberta 10 points). Fifteen rolls Bounty (at least, 75). Two cans Bon Ami (oops, should have, 20 points). One new broom (oops, need 2, 10 points). Nine chairs (only 5, 25 points). Eleven rugs (only one, 5 points). Two packets coffee filter paper, unbleached (10 points). Box of Cheez-its (5). Jar of marmite (nope, I have my blood pressure to consider). Can of herring bits (no). Bottle cucumber bath oil (actually, it was monoi bath oil, 5). Two natural sponges (no). Six wishes (60, I wish I had remembered the brooms). First mowing already done (10 points). One used surf board (no). Four mouse traps (oops again, 40). Quart of Clorox no--I have enough from last year!).
That's 295 points!
Mr. Li got 5 points for boiled peanuts (which I had to throw away). And nobody got the nieces and the $250 worth of junk food.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Douglas wants to know what his prize is. What do you think it should be?

Anonymous said...

He shoud get you back--heh, heh, heh.

Claudia said...

And what do you think YOU should get as runner up of WITT I?

Unknown said...

I love this photo in your blog. I actually am a HUGE fan of BI. Check out my latest entry on BI: http://dontcallmejones.wordpress.com