5.12.2008

message to michael



Dear Michael,
Alas, this is what your holiday haven looks like right now--kind of a backstage glimpse. The mason has gotten the chimney through the roof, barely, and is now off-island, naturally. Not that he could work in 40 mph winds anyway. My brother is finishing up a loft, a pantry and some other sculptural touches. I am painting, as always, Shop-Vaccing, bushwhacking, going to the dump and mowing. The nesting birds get really mad.
You know the old saying about the omelet. I am counting the days before you arrive also, for a different reason. But don't worry, everything will be perfect by the time you are here--if only it would stop storming. . .
Albest, Claudia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oops, just as I was setting such a good example, I fell into a jet lag induced coma. Well, yawn, I'm (scratch, scratch) up and reading all postings for the last week. I LOVE the loft railing. In fact, I think what I want for my prize for WITT I is for your brother to come live w/ us and make cool things at our house too.
(Is my sista there?)

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I stumbled upon your blog yesterday while searching the web for Shad Bloom. I love your pictures!

Stephen

Michael said...

If you leave it as is, I'll feel much more at home. my shop vac here at home makes for a lovely ottoman, and the kitchen sink that needs installing works quite nicely as a coffee table.

Unknown said...

Ah, then you so know where I'm coming from.

J, I think your sister arrives today, Wednesday. But I'm in BI with my brother and can't go to NY.

Anonymous said...

Claudia,

Still thinking about the week we all spent on Block Island. The house was comfortable and quaint, not to mention perfectly situated on the beach. We are missing our daily Crescent Beach walks, shell and stone collecting and general relaxing. Thank you for your hospitality and most importantly, welcoming us with open arms and making us feel like a part of your family.

All the best,

Eric [the Dad and Michael's brother] and Kyle [the good Son, for the most part]