10.23.2006

point c to point b

Pulled myself out almost bodily from a dream (does everybody dream like this?) to realize I'm late starting to move stuff back to from where I moved it from the last time so as to make room for the plasterers to start work! Tomorrow! On this island, when a group of workmen say they have a week's availability, you jump on it, no matter how inconvenient. I have a bit more insulating to do as well, and Cowboy is finishing out the window sills and casings. Better get out to Point B so I can move stuff back to Point A!
BTW the leading contenders for names at this point are East and West (thanks Phil—so dignified, though the allusion to Frank Lloyd Wright seems boastful) and the somewhat less dignified Claudia's Surf City and Hannah's Beach Party or Hannah's Party City.
Whaddya think?

9 comments:

Claudia said...

Also, Cowboy thinks one should be Feng and one should be Shui! Do you know which?

Anonymous said...

I thought we were going to call it "Claudia's Illegal Party City". Some of us know why it deserves this name.

Like, let the good times roll.

Anonymous said...

I think you should stop worrying about what to call these buildings, and worry about your future in the moving industry.

We've got a name, we've got a plan, we've even got a motto. Remember?

"WE CAN GET IT THERE....Maybe."

All we need is bonding. Being a landlady is going to pale on you, as soon as next season starts.

Wouldn't you rather be in a bar in Montana, taking a mid-run break from a coast-to=coast moving gig, having a nice cold one, than trying to determine what size those sheets are?

Plus, all we have to keep clean is the truck. And we don't even really have to do that.

Claudia said...

O jeez, phil, there's ALWAYS lumber left. Will you be around to move it from point A to point sub B?

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering if you need a permit to name your houses?!!!

DR

Anonymous said...

How about the Executrix Towers One and Executrix Towers Two?

Took possession of 1,000 lbs of wood today. Oww.

Claudia said...

How much is that in linear feet?

Anonymous said...

I have 720 square feet of dry lumber neatly stacked in my kitchen. I like to think it's money in the bank but right now it's money OUT of the bank -- about $4,000 out of the bank.

Peanuts compared to Claudiesin's expenditures, I know. But that's her money. This is my money!

Claudia said...

Welcome to my world.