2.18.2020

a bit of roundup


 They say when you lose weight, you should buy a new outfit. So 20 pounds later, I have. I leave for Hawaii on March 2. What I saved on the outfit (suit $20, sarong $10), I am spending on a rental car. Actually a truck, which will cost about twice the rent I'm paying for the shack. I guess if push comes to shove, I can live in it. The truck, I mean. Well, I plan on living in the suit, also. And the shack.
   I have been dealing with people's memoirs. With Chien-Chi's script, which is basically a memoir in slightly fictionalized cinematic form. With Donna's, which is in photographic form (see intro below). She will probably have to join the witness protection plan if this book ever gets published.  (As will I and Paula, who copy edited, and Barbara, who researched.) Captions are supposed to be finished this week. Looking forward to my own memoir which is in shitty written form at the mo! Planning to work on it in Kauai.

    Here is a story about Todd's work. We met 20 years ago when I was doing a story about him for LIFE magazine, right before it folded. Boy was he suspicious of me! But all these years later, we're still friends. I suppose I should offer a trigger warning with this, except that most of my friends who read this blog already know Todd and his work.




No comments: