9.11.2013

where were you?


 Lina decided not to fly back to Rio today, 9/11. Just as well, since she still has a lot of shopping and packing to do. I told her she could not leave "just one  shootcase" at my house for another year and a half.
  On that day I was painting on the beach with  Kate Knapp and her class. Ed called me from Fox News to tell me what had happened. I didn't believe him at first. And then everybody in the painting class borrowed my phone (was it only a dozen years ago when everyone didn't have a cell phone?) to call their near and dear in the city. You should have heard my answering machine (yes, we had those!) when I got home. Wish I'd  saved the tape.
Where were you?

1 comment:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

wow there's a lot of STUFF in that room...holy mackeral