6.05.2013

design fail

This is the second complaint entry in a row. After this I'm done, I promise. Well, I may have a thing or two to say about mattress pads—being as how I'm now a vacation rental manager rather than an intellectual.
    But about French doors. I (or rather my brother) have now installed eight sets of French doors in two houses. The two first sets had to be switched out because they fell apart after a year.
    There are several problems with French doors in this location. a) they leak when rain and sand blow sideways leading to puddles on the floor that I find out about in the morning or in the spring, whichever comes sooner. b) No one knows how to use them and the way I designed them they have a wind tunnel effect. Slam. Bam. c) They have to be cleaned. d) They have to be painted (I'm doing that now which is why I'm complaining).
    Worst of all, I designed one room (above) that has nothing but French doors for ventilation. What was I thinking?

3 comments:

cba said...

Like they say... "Look good and leak.' oops I mean, "Look good and freeze."

Or maybe it's "Look good and breeze?"

In the old days, they used to brick up non-functional windows.

Your call.

Your house is Perfect. But that Indian striped spread has got to go.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

yeah it can go ..to me...also you are a genius...you don't think you just do...sometimes things that don't work!!!But they sure are pretty...

Anonymous said...

French Doors, French Fries, French Kisses, French cuts (panties, meat and hair).......all harbingers of trouble. I suggest Russian doors, they simply refuse to open but demand you like them. I think this suits your mood at the moment. Signed Vladamir P.