6.21.2012

an exciting new title!

I am announcing the debut of a new blog, President of the Garden Club! As many of you know, my sister has been an avid gardener and active garden club member for many years, producing garden club cookbooks, garden club events, bedding out public plantings with other garden club members, teaching schoolkids about plants and etc. All very worthwhile. I have, however, cruelly teased her about these activities for years, going so far as to call her the President of the Garden Club.
   She has finally earned the title! She is the real, actual living President of the Garden Club! For me, this is fertile soil.
   She knew what would happen. She warned me that the moment I had been waiting for for years was about to arrive, then had arrived, and she steeled herself for the inevitability of my reaction. I hope she is ready for this. It is my hope that she will join with me in producing the continuing one-sentence adventures of the President of the Garden Club, already a Facebook sensation. I think she could bring real authority to this, er, post.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Love it!

We may not have a woman in The White House, but we have one in The Green House.

"Hail to the Chief we have chosen for the Garden,
Hail to the Chief! We salute her, every dawn.
Hail to the Chief, as we pledge our plants and seedlings
In anticipation of a great, noble lawn.
Yours is the aim to make our gardens grander,
This you will do, that's our strong, firm belief.
Hail to the one we selected as our leader,
Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!

Erin said...

Those wishing to send gifts can order from Ermine Outfitters.
—The President

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

yippie finally a WOMAN in the green house! there is still hope for this weedy world...