7.31.2011

electric gooseland

Back up and running here, never mind that it's going to be 100 degrees outside for the next week. We got ac and a fan and ice. And broadband. Finally. Again.
For several days customer service told me my service was fine and sent me to tech, and tech told me my service had been cancelled and sent me to customer service, who sent me back to tech, who eventually told me it was my problem and overnighted me a new modem.
These conversations took place at the top of the hill since I have no phone reception here. In 100 degree heat.
Finally, after pleading, they agreed to send a repairman here, who said I indeed had no service (which was what I had been trying to tell them) and went down the road to the phone company's building and fixed it. When I asked him what had gone wrong,  he said, "Let's just call it human error."
Idiots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me when I had no Verizon wireless service in my apartment and my cell phone was my business phone. Even after their own technician had to use a sat phone from my driveway, they didn't believe me when I said I had no service... now with AT&T.

Dianne said...

Keep up posted as to whether the phone company will reimburse you for the new modem (which you didn't need but they insisted you did) plus the $22 overnight shipping fee plus the cost of return shipping.

Phill said...

The pictured chair and end table seem to be taking a firm stance on this issue? Which one represents you?