5.27.2010

point pictures


These are what is known as point pictures. That means that, while we know they are no great artistic creations, they are telling a part of a story.
(Back story) The refrigerator at Hannah's went on the fritz after fewer than four years. The compressor was shot. I could send the whole refrigerator off island to have it replaced being charged only for shipping and labor. Thank you Amana and Sears.
(Point 1) Having ordered a new refrigerator (the cheapest one now costs about $800), I picked it up at the ferry in full beautiful sunny daylight.
(Point 2) The weather report said there was a slight chance of thunderstorms last night. I bet against myself. In the middle of the night, when the full moon tides sounded as if they were surging across the dunes and into the front yard, the skies were rent asunder by thunder. It rained. Hard.
There ought to be a third point picture, showing the newly installed refrigerator as the old one is carted away to the dump, but alas, this picture does not yet exist. I await The Man. Will he or the houseguests arrive first? Always a race to the finish line on good old Block Island. Or, as people from Greenwich, Ct., and Westchester County, N.Y., annoyingly call it: The Block.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there is a song here:
Fridge in a Box
I think you should call SNL

Claudia said...

Junk in a Box.
No doubt.

cba said...

We got to install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We got to move these refrigerators
We got to move these colour T.V.'s


Own it, baby, own it.

Anonymous2 said...

I want my mtv