5.26.2010

kitchen before/after



Maybe it doesn't look like much to you, but moving all dishes, refrigerator, furniture and then painting walls and urethaning floors took some doing, trust me. I had to grab whoever was around to help me move stuff or risk damaging floors further.
Well, I did that anyway. After painting half with qwikdri Minwax semi-gloss, I finished the rest with high-build Minwax semi-gloss. Both oil based. I didn't know there were so many kinds. I knew something was wrong when the first can looked orange inside and the second can looked green. Now half the floor gleams gently and the other half looks like a freshly waxed bowling alley (do they wax bowling alleys?). I am assuming that with enough sand and dogs it will mellow. If I don't go blind first.
We are liking the couch in the kitchen, however.

5 comments:

Kathleen Mock said...

Bravo! Did you move your throne?

Claudia said...

Yes. I am now sitting in a regular chair. When I am sitting. . .

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe that after al those years doing magazine work you would have troubles glossing over something

Claudia said...

Yeah, but huffing solvents appears to impair your faculties.

neruda said...

wow I am realy impressed by the amount of work you have accomplished..rain and shine...even if it is too glossy