2.16.2007

help



Well? The painters and plasterers are coming on Tuesday. This is Wolfen's room, which has needed some serious work for a while. I decided that since it is as dark as a tomb anyway, I might as well try to make a virtue of it. It was Woo's suggestion to use a kind of coffee color, since the only other color in the room will be red. The trim (all four doors) will be bright white. There's one picture with flash and one without, but neither is utterly representative.



I won't tell you the names of the colors lest you be swayed by the words (though feel free to make up color names—they couldn't be stupider than the ones they actually have). So which shall it be?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All are fine (except the 'sandy mauve': 3), but I would dilute the pigments by 1/2 again - a whole room will look twice as 'dense' once its all painted.

Just my 50 cent.

DaDa said...

#1. Burly wood
#2. Saddle Brown
#3. Dark Salmon
#4. Sienna
#5. Peru
I vote for number 5, which I think comes closest to terra cotta.

Anonymous said...

I like the white

Ruby Montanas Coral Sands Inn said...

I like the Life Red.
Ruby

Anonymous said...

I am seeing:
1. Bandaid for white people
2. Sage or dull grass green
3. Dull rose
4. Bandaid for darker people (almost BM Lenox Tan, color of my living room, only pinkier)
5. Brorange or the color of my bedroom, nearly.

Obviously, I like 5. But I also like 2 or 3. However, are you leaving the trim white or painting it (any color, the mind boggles)? If leaving it white, go with 2 or 3. If painting trim, paint it dk beige or tan and go with 2, 3 or 5. Keep in mind that especially with #3, some creamy trim colors will turn yellow (visually). You will want to check your trim color before going whole hog. I used a greenish tan, like a putty, with your #5, with success.

Given all the red on your bookshelves (literally), I'd probably vote for 2, with linen white trim. So there.