8.06.2020

local truck


Bringing home the harvest

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the customers come to Mary.
Several of my local friends (Bill, David) told me I needed to get with Mary for her produce and plants. It turned out she lives just a few miles from me as the crow flies. And what a beautiful operation. Huge gardens, major irrigation, greenhouse, plants everywhere, the whole shebang. Even a parking lot and outhouse.
   Here is what Maranatha Farm  has on offer this week. Don't know if you can see that link. Directions here.
   So now I am looking at a pile of produce that there is no way I can eat. I'm thinking ratatoille, obv. But also gazpacho. And then there's this eggplant recipe that looks fantastic.
   Meanwhile, however, I think it's too beautiful to eat. I'm just admiring it.

2 comments:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

excellent! on all levels...

otra rubia said...

So jelly!