4.29.2020

bath, bed and beyond



"Sleep, Sex, The Bed," my pal Ed proposes a story positing that everything changes in life on the inside. Almost everyone I know has altered sleep patterns. Dreaming is intense, for sure. I dreamt  that Ed and I time traveled back to Woodstock (have I ever mentioned that I was actually there??). When we got there, I immediately regretted not buying one of those portable chargers for my phone so I could take more pictures.
   "I don't think I can unironically throw the peace sign," I told Ed. Needless to say, we were the oldest people there—though I had tried to dress for the occasion in cutoff jeans. As I looked around, I wished I had refreshed my memory of the event by looking at Life magazine's special issue. And then it occurred to me that here was an opportunity to change the course of history. No, it didn't occur to me that by carrying the virus with us we could have eliminated the peace-and-love movement at one fell swoop. I wanted to jumpstart feminism. I woke up as I was trying to think of the words for a poster that would awaken women. If you can think of what they should have been, LMK. I still can't think of a headline that works.
   Anyway, here's the bed. More about the bath and beyond another time. But not on Facebook.


What a difference a sunny day makes.

3 comments:

William Hill said...



Bed that would awaken a woman in a dream or a post? For that you need a four-poster bed.

Claudia said...

Funny, Billy Hill!

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

love the lace on the wall et al....