4.09.2020

a virtual road trip



So Ed (war correspondent in Brooklyn) texts to me (writer in Massachusetts) and Chien-Chi (photographer in Austria), "When this is all over, we make the grandest road trip of all times. We channel Steinbeck and Kerouac."
    Chien-Chi says, "I write, you take pictures, and Claudia sits back and relaxes."
 C: Who drives?
Ed: CC can't, and you drive too slow.
C You drive too fast! We aren't even on the road yet, and we're squabbling in the back seat!
Ed: Just stay on your side of the car. And, no, we are not stopping for ice cream!
C: Are we there yet?
Ed: Stop hitting CC. If I have to stop you are both in trouble.
C: He hit me first!
Ed. You are older. I don't want to hear it. Turn up the radio. Let's play license plates.
C: I'm hungry.
Ed: You just ate.
C: When are we gonna be there? I really am hungry. I'm really starving!
Ed: Finish the hamburger next to you.
C: It's yuik.
Ed: It is not yuk. CC finished his.
C: Is so!
Ed: Is not!
C: You like CC better than me.
Ed: Of course! He finished his burger!
C: You don't care if I'm starved to death.
Ed: I do care. If you starved to death back there I would have to clean the car.
C: When are we gonna be there?
Ed: And don't tell me you have to pee. We have only driven ten miles.





1 comment:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

Great trip I wanna come too....Ok my latest fortune cookie. "Do not desire what you do not need". Wow right after I didn't order the "Eggroll Smores". Right on baby...