2.11.2019

winter storm

I did not know that our weather here had made such a splash nationally. Yes, it was quite windy, 35 gusting to probably 60, maybe more. There were branches and trees down and wires down. The power was out for a couple hours yesterday. The waves started to get big.
My car got sandblasted, and I didn't dare try to make it to Polihale, where the waves were said to be 15-20 feet. Whether that's Hawaiian measurements (from the back) or haole measurements of the face (30-40) I don't know. The river came up suddenly, and we didn't know whether the valley would flood. I had one car wind up in a tree years ago, where it hung for years. Didn't think that would be good for the rental car. But it was warm by my measure (60s) and often sunny, and nature promised a letup yesterday afternoon. Today the weather is fine. No worries!

No comments: