6.16.2014

what should have been in the truck

Oops: Illegal vehicle.
Evidence of current registration would have been nice.
 As I took the truck to a guy on Block Island to inspect, I noticed that the registration had expired in 2011 March. I felt so Ozarkian. The inspector didn't notice—he noticed that a ball joint was about to fall out. So I got that fixed and tool it back to the inspector (all of you on Block Island know who that is, because there is only the one) and he passed me. Nice new inspection sticker. No registration.
  So when  I loaded my tables into the truck and the truck onto the ferry and left the island hopefully until September, I drove (in the pouring rain) directly to the DMV. "I don't really know what to do," I told the woman after I had been standing in line for like ever. I told her the situation. She told me I had to re-register the truck and added, "Boy are you lucky!"
   Three more hours of waiting later and street legal, I had to agree.

3 comments:

No said...

Madame, je suis heureux de savoir que vous avez une fois de plus réussi à éviter l'arrestation.
Cela dit, la prochaine fois que vous avez un problème juridique urgent, n'hésitez pas à composer le 1 (800) Obtenez-Chat. Même si je ne pouvais pas me vous représenter en raison de nombreux conflits d'intérêts, l'un de nos excellents barrristers pouvait.
Sincèrement, Nez Bite Kitty, Esq.

Nose Bite K. Esq. said...

Madame: I am glad to know that you have once again successfully avoided arrest.
That said, next time you have a pressing legal concern, do not hesitate to call 1 (800) Get-Chat. Even though I myself could not represent you due to many conflicts of interest, any one of our excellent barristers could.
Sincerely, Nose Bite Kitty, Esq.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

luck if you've ever been a lady to begin with... luck be a lady tonight...