1.09.2013

the bozos do the art world


So I was meeting painter Kate Knapp and art heiress Barrett Andrews at the Metropolitan Museum to see the Bellows show (me, the art critic, having written about the show before seeing it whilst in Missouri). However, because the painter and the heiress had brought with them a purported Bellows purchased by the heiress's painter father (is this getting too complex?), they could not come in!
The cloakroom would not check artwork. So in the end, we took turns visiting the show whilst the one sitting with the Bellows on the steps admired the living Bellows of  shops and bus stops and doo-wop. And contemplated trying to hawk the thing: Get your own Bellows here!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

PS When the Painter asked how I liked the show, I said I was deeply into it. She said that should be carved on my tombstone.

Ivy said...

You brought coals to Newcastle.

otra rubia said...

So how much for the Bellows? I like it.

Claudia said...

@ Ivy Good point
@Barb Priceless, Still no proof it's genuine.

Claudia said...

PS Check out Barrett's Heaven Knows blog (linked at right) for another take.