10.29.2012

block island report 2

The house is shaking, buffeted by the wind, but not as badly as I've felt it before. Enough to wake me up, though.
Looks like the worst of it will be the high tides tomorrow. See marine forecast here.
MON
 NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 65 KT. SEAS 15 TO
 20 FT. PATCHY FOG. SHOWERS. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.
 SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE
 AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES.  INDIVIDUAL WAVE
 HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 
 
Also a rather lame twitter feed here.
The ducks have taken shelter in our freshwater pond, so apparently they are not expecting the sea to pour in there. And the deer are living in the yard! I have begun to sing "I am the captain of the Pinafore. . ."

3 comments:

NapéWastéWiñ said...

You are in my thoughts crazy girl. Hang on - shit is on the way! Hugs

Claudia said...

You Louisiana folk are so supportive!

NapéWastéWiñ said...

I'm very supportive of you and your craziness. As for Louisiana, I can only quote Lord Byron, "I stood among them, not of them."