2.03.2012

spring

I know, it's February. But already I am dreaming about spring. The shad blooms in Block Island. The peonies in Missouri I never get to see because I am in Block Island painting floors. Apparently, this unseasonable February has made others dream of spring as well. They call wanting to book Block Island in May. Now I fully anticipate being there myself then, but an unheated house by the ocean in the spring can be for the hardy. Or not—you just never know.
        But doesn't this painting make your heart sing? It's a Van Gogh I've never seen called “Garden in Auvers,”now on loan to the Philadelphia art museum.

4 comments:

otra rubia said...

Road trip!

Bulkhead Billy on Deck said...

Long Grain and Gone

I work the vertical grain
quarter sawn, the technical name

I stick with clear poly
ain't much for opaque

the floor is my folly
heartwood grain, set my place

Claudia said...

I paint the floors with poly. Semi.

William Hill said...

That isn't a painting. That is a piece of what passed for plywood in Van Gogh's time. He stubbed his brushes on it after each paint mix to make sure the paint was the right shade before he applied it to canvas.