6.04.2010

people will take anything


Thank the goddess. I took many many old books off the hands of the librarian on Block Island years ago because I can't bear to throw books out. I still can't bear to throw them out, but I also don't want them any more. The solution: Put them on the road.
So far this year I have unloaded many flyblown books as well as half a container of Jack Daniels Maple Syrup, an aging sailfish rig, marginal duvet covers, a chipped plate, a half can of wood stain, a jar, assorted road maps of London and Nevada and other stuff that was bothering my life. Now it can bother someone else's.
Chris G and I have a bet on whether the puzzle with seven pieces missing will go.
And I have my doubts about the several ancient sets of encyclopedias.

2 comments:

otra rubia said...

Sometimes pages from old encyclopedias look good framed -- or work nicely as wallpaper in the bathroom.

Claudia said...

Well, both the puzzle and the encyclopedia are gone! I'm bucked!