2.02.2006

knife and gun club


So in answer to J's question, right outside of the peace zone, there is a little war zone, with the Afgani rug, the Nachtway photograph of the Sudan and the detention bench. If you can make it through these obstacles, you can bathe in serenity and light.
Or you could, before men with power tools started carving up the other side of the wall.
To add to the cacophany, the knife-sharpening man came by the other day with his dingadingadinga. I gathered up all the knives that somebody has been too busy taking care of puppies to sharpen and ran downstairs in the rain, climbing into the 1951 refitted Chevy van with all the knives and sissors I could immediately lay hands on. Wish I woulda had my lawnmower blade.
Anyway, in this place we can really protect ourselves now."
PS J, note the height of the narcissus in window.
PPS Thank all of you for clicking on so many ads in January. We made $42.59! I won't be doing another fundraiser for a while, so rest easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo. Spring comes to the Riverside Intercontinental. Maybe they'll actually be blooming when you get back!!

(What's up with the construction reference? I trust this is not on the other side of the wall against which the bench is placed, as that would make it--on the beach. Somebody call the EPA)

Claudia said...

If y'all call the EPA on me, it would be too bad of you. No, there's pointing going on on the outside wall.
And there were big buds on the narcissus as I kissed them adieu and left them at the spa on 16D.