12.11.2018

horse and carriage

 Horse and carriage, horse and carriage, go together like love and marriage. No, that's not how it goes. Any way, despite years of opposition from animal rights activists, and despite Mayor DeBlasio's election promise to end the practice, horses still pull carriages on the streets of New York for holiday trippers. In August, a compromise position was supposedly agreed on that would put the horses within Central Park rather than on the street by this Christmas, but they were still lined up on Central Park South yesterday. I must say the horses seem happy enough, and their drivers seem attentive to their welfare, but what do I know.
   And what was I doing there? Why, shopping on Fifth Avenue, of course!

4 comments:

CBA said...

You? Shopping? Surely you jest,,,

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

Ditto....really? wow....and no carriage ride ? I think I took one once...fading memory...or maybe I took so many in old movies I thought it was real? who knows...I always think about how there used to be ONLY horse power on the streets of NYC and those horses had to work HARD...

Dianne said...

Maybe it's the angle, but that horse sure looks small...more like a pony???

Claudia said...

Yeah, I was in a bus up high, shooting down.