4.12.2014

for the record

Certain people claim that I don't visit the outer boroughs, specifically Brooklyn. And the Bronx. And Queens. I'm sorry, people, but I am Manhattan-centric and can't help thinking of them as "outer" and of a trip there as being as far away as one to Sheboygan, Michigan. But in order to keep people quiet, I do pay the occasional visit. And it is exotic. For instance in Brooklyn we went from croque monsieurs at a French sidewalk cafe to mojitos at a Cuban place (above) to oysters and fancy brews at a hipster place to guacamole and margueritas at a Tex-Mex place. Traveling widely without leaving a small area on and around Smith Street.
   So now perhaps certain people won't bug me about it for another six months or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't seriously call yourself Manhattan-centric when you spend, what 3 weeks a year there?

-anonymous troll

Claudia said...

You trolls give me the pip!
And you noncommenting trolls are worse! Feedback needed!