12.30.2007

the gathering hours

Starting the countdown to the birthday of a new year: Angelina and her daughter got into their hybrid vehicle yesterday in Georgia and will roll in this evening. Wolfen and Caffeine arrive tomorrow, with his Mama. And after them, the deluge.
The logistics of shopping have occupied my waking hours for some nights now, along with other concerns such as elections, assassinations, the stock market and the actuarial and financial insecurities of life after 50. Everyone I know seems to agree that they are so done with 2007. But it's not quite done with us, yet. Which makes me wonder: What else can go wrong?

2 comments:

Claudette said...

Sorry to hear you didn't like 007. It was a good year for me and some of the Fellows of The Rockway Institute so huzzahs all round to those who did well last year. On with the new and wishing you much success and fulfillment in 008.

Claudette said...

Okay, maybe 007 is mocking me. Don't know how the triple posting happened but I'm just going to think of it as a trifecta and move on.